After retiring from a career as a practicing lawyer, Jerry Lawson has returned to the legal tech field. President of New Strategies in Legal Tech LLC, he advises lawyers on a number of legal tech topics. His current primary areas of interest are:
Mr. Lawson gained extensive first hand knowledge management experience while working at multiple agencies as a civil service lawyer. His knowledge management articles have appeared in Pass It On, the ABA Government and Public Lawyer Division newsletter and The Public Manager, the flagship publication of the Association for Talent Development. His new book Knowledge Management for Law Firms: Building A Culture of Success will be published August 2021.
Mr. Lawson law firm marketing experience includes:
- Speaking at major legal tech conferences, including ABA Techshow. His Techshow 2020 presentation demonstrated demonstrated how law firms can use Pillar Posts to improve their Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Writing The Complete Internet Handbook for Lawyers for the American Bar Association. This book received rave reviews (sample) and was credited with changing the way lawyers think about marketing via the Internet.
- Co-authoring The Internet Roundtable, an influential monthly column on marketing for lawyers.
- Winning praise for his chapters in multiple editions of the American Bar Association’s Flying Solo book series which explained how sole practitioners can market their practices using the Internet.
- Partnering with Greg Siskind, author of The Lawyer’s Guide to Marketing on the Internet, to present CLE programs in multiple cities.
- Winning a a national award from Writing That Works for “Best How-To Feature Article” for his article for ATLA’s Trial Magazine, “Lawfirm.com.”
Mr. Lawson was a charter member of the American Bar Association’s eLawyering, group, created by ABA President Bill Paul for the purpose of helping lawyers use the Internet to provide affordable legal service to middle class Americans. He retains a strong interest in promoting eLawyering.