Julie Bays‘ new AI-focused blog looks promising. Suggestions possibly relevant to other new bloggers:
- Delete the subhead “Julie’s Blog.” As someone who occasionally has a good idea explained back in the day, “The large number of bad blogs leads many to write off blogs as toys, not tools for lawyers.” Labeling your web presence a blog can give people the impression it’s merely a personal project. This blog has the potential to be more.
- Include a link to a more comprehensive bio.
- Consider spending a little to get a professional headshot, like John Simek & Sharon Nelson.
- Carry though with the resolution to post at least once a week. Fresh content has SEO benefits. The batch post drafting approach can help.
- Speaking of SEO, incoming links, especially ones from other popular websites/blogs, can make a giant difference. Even internal links within your blog can help.
The link list in her April 22 post she & Catherine Sanders Reach put together is a good starting place for those wishing to climb on the bandwagon.